Caravan and tourist parks

Music licences for caravan and tourist parks

How does music help make the magic in theme parks? “ become aware that the music is changing... before you even step under the arch, the magic becomes real.... the music is really well-integrated with the theme.”^

The Places of Interest, Activity and Amusement licence scheme has been formulated after extensive consultations with various industries in this sector and is designed for music used at businesses as diverse as caravan & tourist parks, bowling alleys, fun parks, zoos, museums and theatres, aquariums, leisure centres, skating rinks, games arcades, tourism attractions, exhibition spaces, theme parks, galleries, wineries and other places of entertainment.

This licence scheme provides you with cover for the most common ways that places of interest, activity and amusement - including caravan & tourist parks - use music. The licence is split into five types of cover: background music, featured music, workplace music, telephone on hold music and background music for dining. You need only take out your cover where you use our music.

Get a simple & quick online quote if you need a licence for 1-5 locations:

If you have 6 or more locations, please complete and download your licence agreement, then contact us at


Do I need a licence to play music in public places?

If you play music protected by copyright out loud in a public place for a commercial purpose such as a shop, a gym or a bar you need permission or you need to purchase a music licence. Legally this music use is different to playing music at home or in your car. This is called public performance of music.

What is the cost of a music licence for businesses?

Music licence costs depend on your business type, music devices and whether the music is protected by copyright. If you use the radio and you are a small shop the cost will be less than $100 a year to use music from OneMusic’s catalogue. If you are running a pub with more music use your costs will be higher.

How can I legally play music in my business?

Your business can legally play music protected by Copyright by getting permission first. Permission can be from OneMusic Australia in the form of a licence for millions of songs in its catalogue, from the artists themselves for every song, through a background music supplier or other means. You need permission or a licence when your stream music in your business.

What happens if I don't take out a licence?

If you want to play and enjoy the use of virtually any commercially released music from anywhere around the world, you should immediately enter into a OneMusic Australia licence, because using OneMusic Australia’s music without a OneMusic Australia licence can constitute an infringement of our copyright which, if not rectified, may ultimately lead to legal action.

Of course, we will happily talk with you about your music licensing and certainly provide a reasonable time frame for you to take out a licence before escalating the matter any further.

But, if our music continues to be used without permission, then we will be left with no option but to enforce our rights on behalf of our members and affiliates, which could involve court proceedings. Such action may result in the business having to pay the licence fees as well as other damages and legal costs.

Over 95% of businesses and organisations that we deal with are readily compliant.

How much is a music licence?

To purchase a music licence you select only the cover you need for your music devices. Music licence fees start $100 a year. Fees differ by industry, a shop pays a licence fee on its floor space, a nightclub on attendance and a café on seating capacity.

^ Sirita, J. How music helps make the magic in theme parks. THEME PARK INSIDER - JUNE 2013.